Running into issues or have questions while using Assist? Here are some common issues and questions, along with ways to resolve them.
Supported File formats
With the release of Assist build 186, you can now upload custom files. The following file formats are supported:
- Videos: .mp4, .mkv, .ts, .3gp, .webm
- 2D Files: .JPG, .PNG, .PDF
- 3D Objects: .GLB, .GLTF, .OBJ
Invite email not received
If the web expert is unable to join an Assist session because they haven't received an invite email, follow the below steps:
- In Assist, go to "Settings > Logs", if the last message in the logs is "Authenticating", Assist failed to send the invite
- Check that your internet connection is stable
- Confirm your the session host's name doesn't include unsupported characters such as punctuation and numbers
- Restart Assist, and try inviting the web expert again
- If the issue persists, please contact us
Assist user can't hear audio when web expert shares screen
Audio will only be shared if you're sharing a tab in Chrome (not window or screen) and have checked the box 'share tab audio'
Unable to share files from desktop
Assist doesn't currently support sharing files from a web expert's computer. This is planned for future updates.