The Magic Leap Mobile App connects experiences on your Magic Leap device with everyday devices, workflows, and data over WiFi or Bluetooth. You can also use the device as a second Control. The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Mobile App Setup
- User Guide
The Magic Leap Mobile App lets you:
- Find the recommended Magic Leap device size for you
- Use your mobile device as a second Control
- Use your mobile device to enter text on your Magic Leap
- Transfer media between your mobile device and Magic Leap device
- Manage your Magic Leap Account
Mobile App Setup
Minimum Device Requirements
To run the Magic Leap Mobile App, your mobile device must meet the following requirements:
- Bluetooth LE (BLE)
- Camera for device sizing and inter-pupillary distance measurements
Follow these steps to install the Magic Leap Mobile App on your mobile device:
- If you haven't done so, create a Magic Leap ID at id.magicleap.com
- Download and install the Magic Leap Mobile App from Google Play or the Apple App Store
- Open the app on your device and enter your registered email; you'll receive a six-digit login code in email.
- Enter your code in the mobile app and grant the app permissions on your device
- The app guides you through pairing your devices
To use the app with a Magic Leap device, you must sync the two devices
Before you can connect the mobile app with your Magic Leap, you must complete the following:
- Magic Leap Device Setup
- Bluetooth enabled
- Wi-Fi enabled
Reconnecting Your Devices
To reconnect the mobile app and Magic Leap, complete the following steps:
- Open the Magic Leap Mobile App
- In the mobile app, go ☰ -> Settings -> Setup Guide
- In the setup guide under Let's get started, select Connect Phone to Magic Leap
- On your Magic Leap, go Settings () -> Connectivity -> Control
- Under Magic Leap Mobile App, select Scan
- Once detected, click Connect beside your mobile device
- Your Magic Leap confirms your device is now connected
Note: If the app responds with "Waiting for connection", try manual pairing.
The mobile app mimics much of the same functionality as the Magic Leap Control, with a couple of exceptions.
- Active Menu
- Keyboard Input
- Virtual Touchpad
- Volume control (when the app is active via Bluetooth) (not shown)
The Capture feature allows you to take a picture (digital + world cameras) and videos.
- Single press to capture a picture
- Long hold to capture video (long hold again to stop recording)
For quicker text entry, launch the keyboard (ref #2) through the Mobile App.
- Send text entries by pressing Submit/Send
- Single-line field grows automatically as more text is added
- Swipe-to-type supported if installed on device
- Auto-complete and suggested words supported
- Native iOS and Android Copy/Paste supported
- Voice dictation supported
You can browse all local pictures and videos stored on your mobile phone, and you can upload one or multiple files to the Magic Leap Cloud Library. Once your photos and videos are stored in your Cloud Library, you can access and download them via the native Gallery app installed with Lumin OS on your Magic Leap device.
Using the Gallery feature makes sharing pictures and videos from your phone to your device simple and fast. Conversely, you can take pictures or videos on your device and share them from the Gallery app to the Mobile App using the same Magic Leap Cloud Library folder. You can also delete files from your Cloud Library.
Gallery also supports viewing and sharing 3D model files (OBJ, FBX, and GLTF) via the Mobile App external sharing feature. You can open a supported 3D modeling app (for example, Sketchfab) and download a 3D model. To upload the file to your Magic Leap Cloud Library, tap on the native Share button and select Magic Leap from the list of options.
- Display Name — The name that will appear when you pair the Mobile App with your Magic Leap device.
- Enable Control Discovery — Enable or disable Mobile App advertising as a Control.
- Enable Haptic Feedback — Enable or disable receiving haptic feedback sent from your Magic Leap device.
- Enable Left-hand Mode — Flips the UI for left-handed users
- Enable Device Stream Guide — Display a how to when enabling device stream
- Want to hear from Magic Leap? — Opt in to communications from Magic Leap
Tap on your profile picture to launch Account Management. From here you'll be able to edit your Magic Leap Identity profile or upload a profile picture through your phone (for example, from your camera or photo library). You'll also be able to see what the last recommended device size was.
The Magic Leap Mobile App allows you to connect your mobile devices and use them as a control without the need to login with a Magic Leap ID. While in Guest Mode, you are unable to to access the Gallery features in the Mobile App.
To use Guest Mode, open the app and click "Continue as Guest". If you previously signed into a Magic Leap ID, you will need to sign out to use Guest Mode.