The Magic Leap Mobile App connects experiences on your Magic Leap device with everyday devices, workflows, and data over WiFi or Bluetooth. You can also use the device as a second Control. The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
The Magic Leap Mobile App lets you:
- Find the recommended Magic Leap device size for you
- Use your mobile device as a second Control
- Use your mobile device to enter text on your Magic Leap
- Transfer media between your mobile device and Magic Leap device
- Manage your Magic Leap Account
Mobile App Setup
Minimum Device Requirements
To run the Magic Leap Mobile App, a mobile device must have the following:
- Bluetooth LE (BLE)
- Magnetometer (required for 3DoF IMU)
- Camera for device sizing and inter-pupillary distance measurements
Mobile App Setup
Follow these steps to install the Magic Leap Mobile App on your mobile device:
- If you haven't done so, get a Magic Leap account and ID at the Developer Portal.
- Download and install the Magic Leap Mobile App from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Open the Magic Leap Mobile App on your device and enter your registered email. You'll receive a six-digit login code in email.
- Enter your code in the Mobile App and grant the app permissions on your device.
- The Mobile App guides you through pairing your devices.
To use the Mobile App with Magic Leap device, you must connect the devices.
Before you can connect the Magic Leap Mobile App with your Magic Leap device, you must complete the following:
- Magic Leap Device Setup
- Bluetooth enabled
- Wi-Fi enabled
Connect Your Devices
To connect the Magic Leap Mobile App and Magic Leap, complete the following steps:
- Open the Magic Leap Mobile App.
- In the mobile app, go ☰ -> Settings -> Setup Guide.
- In the setup guide under Let's get started, select Connect Phone to Magic Leap.
- On your Magic Leap, go Settings () -> Connectivity -> Control.
- Under Magic Leap Mobile App, select Scan.
- Once detected, click Connect beside your mobile device.
- Your Magic Leap confirms your device is now connected.
Note: If the app responds with Waiting for connection, try manual pairing.