The Control provides an important way to interact with the Magic Leap device.
- Booting up and Shutting Down the Control
- Extracting Links and 3D Models From the Browser
- Closing an App From Universe
- Opening Settings
- Control Seems Unresponsive
- Resetting the Control
- Bumper: A mechanical button on the Control that can be pressed with the index finger.
- Home Button: Clicking the home button will allow you to back out in the app until you cannot back out anymore and if you can't back out anymore it will open Launcher. Holding the home button will minimize an immersive app.
- Trigger: An analog input on the Control that can be squeezed with the index finger.
- Touchpad: A tactile input surface on the Control that can translate the motion and pressure of a person's finger.
Booting up and Shutting Down the Control
- To boot up the Control, hold down the home button until haptic vibration is felt (about 1-2 seconds).
- To shut down the Control, hold down the trigger and home button for 2.5 seconds.
Extract Links and 3D Models From the Browser
To extract 3D content from the browser, move the cursor over the extractable content and long-hold on the trigger. Release the trigger and use the control to move and manipulate the content. Tap the trigger to place in the landscape. Links can also be extracted from the browser in the same way: move the cursor over the link and long-hold on the trigger to place a window of that link in your landscape.
Closing an App From Universe
Click bumper to open up the app menu. Select close from the menu. You can also double-click the bumper.
Open the launcher, swipe up to the status bar, and select the settings icon to open Settings.
Control Seems Unresponsive
First make sure that the Control is on. If you do not see a light on your touchpad when you touch it, your Control might be off. If you can’t successfully turn on the Control, it may be out of battery. Plug the Control into a charger.
- Look at the light pattern around the Control Touchpad. A gray cycling light means it has not been paired. A blue cycling light means it has lost connection and is trying to reconnect.
- If your Control is pulsing red at the top, it is in charge immediately mode (5% or less). Plug the Control into a charger.
Resetting the Control
In some instances, you may need to reset your device and then pair it with your Magic Leap device.
To do this, hold down the Home, Bumper and trigger buttons at the same time. You will see the control go into a device search state.