Changing Wifi Networks
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose Connectivity > Wi-Fi
- If a network is displayed, join the network
- Otherwise, type in unpublished network name by selecting the (Join Other networks)
- Provide the Network Name
- Select the appropriate Security Type Based on the WiFi Router Settings, (None, WPA/WPA2 Personal, WPA/WPA2 Enterprise)
- None - No security or Open networks (No Username and Password)
- WPA/WPA2 Personal - WiFi Protected Access based authentication where the WiFi access is only permitted with valid Password
- WPA/WPA2 Enterprise - WiFi Protected Access based on Extensible Authentication Protocol. In this mode, the WiFi access is only permitted with valid Username and Password
- Note: you may need to open ports to get past firewalls. Ports: 80, 443 (in and outbound for each), 31508, 31520, UDP port 123 for NTP
Connecting to a network using a Captive Portal
Note: Captive Portal networks are not supported during first device configuration on devices running older versions of LuminOS, for more details please see here.
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose Connectivity
- If the network is displayed, Join the network, otherwise, type in the unpublished network name
- If publicly accessible network, a warning will be displayed with the following message "Would you like to join this network?"
- Make sure you trust this unsecured network before joining
- Choose Join Network
- Once successful in joining Network, it will state No internet under the network name
- Press the home button twice and navigate to Helio browser
- If launching Helio for the first time, you’ll see a prompt to Allow or Deny Local Area Network Access
- Select Allow Network Access
- Load any page in Helio and it should redirect you to the Portal Authentication page.
- In some situations, you may need to enter a URL of a site you haven’t been before to initiate portal authentication page
- Once Successful, you will see Connected under the network name and an on-screen Internet Connected Notification
- Access to the internet will now be available
Unable to Connect to Wifi During Initial Setup
During first device configuration, Magic Leap devices cannot connect to wifi networks that use captive portals or authenticated access points. You can switch to one of these networks after you’ve completed setup.
- Networks that use captive portals and authenticated access points (commonly found in hotels, airports, coffee shops, offices) require a web page to be displayed where newly connected users will enter credentials or agree to terms before they are granted broader network access.
Please utilize a hotspot or connect to a network that does not use a Captive Portal or authenticated access point and complete the first device configuration. Once you’ve gone through the initial setup, you can connect to a network that uses a Captive Portal or authenticated access point by going to Settings > Connectivity > Wi-Fi.