Users have the ability to manually update their devices to the latest Lumin OS version within the Settings of their Magic Leap devices.
Once a user has completed the Out of Box Experience (OOBE), they should do the following to check for an update.
NOTE: If this is a new device, please allow for 20-30 minutes for the device to receive the OTA Notification. Your device will require a minimum battery charge of 60% to begin the update.
Please ensure the device is connected to a reliable Wifi network.
- Navigate to Settings in the top toolbar
- With the touchpad, highlight Device and pull the trigger.
- With your Control. Click on Check for Updates (This will be available after approximately 15-20 minutes after new devices have been successfully connected to WiFi with their Magic Leap ID)
NOTE: For devices with 0.91, e>nsure the Auto Download option is NOT> turned on.
- Hover over and click on Update Details
- Click Download and follow the screen prompts to complete the installation
- A progress indicator bar will be displayed detailing the amount of download remaining. Users can navigate the landscape during this process
- Once completed, users will see Downloaded verbiage indicating the process has completed
- Once downloaded, the package will be verified for any issues
- Our End User License Agreement (EULA) will be displayed asking the end-user to Agree or Cancel before proceeding
- Users will be provided a Cancel or Install & Restart option
- The install will progress with an indicator bar
- The final step could take a few minutes, as post-install cleanup occurs and the device will restart
IMPORTANT: Do not forget to update your control, plugging it into your Lightpack via a USB-C cable, after the lightwear restart completes.