If you've forgotten your PIN, or if you simply need to perform a reset to troubleshoot an issue, there are several ways you can reset your Magic Leap device.
If you've forgotten your Magic Leap device unlock PIN, you will need to perform a device reset.
Resetting Your Device
Users now have the power to manage their devices via the Magic Leap Identity Portal. The device reset will bring your device back to its original state. All Operating System updates will be retained.
VERY IMPORTANT: All applications from Magic Leap World or manually installed applications, including any customizations, will be removed from the device when this process is followed.
This action allows our customers to own their devices and should be used in the event that you cannot remember your device PIN or your device has been lost or stolen, so you can quickly take action to secure your data and property (physical and intellectual).
Note: In order for the remote wipe to work, you must be connected to the last known Wifi network the device was associated when used.
VIA IDENTITY PORTAL
1. Go to id.magicleap.com and enter your email address used for Magic Leap.
2. Check your email and you will receive a code to enter.
3. Once authenticated, navigate to Devices on the left column.
4. Highlight your device and click on it.
5. Click on Reset this device to receive a reset verification code
6. Once you enter your code, you will be offered one final chance to confirm this action.
- On your device navigate on your device to the Settings.
- Choose Identity
- Scroll all the way down and click on Take me to Factory Reset
- On your device, navigate to Settings
- Choose About --> System Information
- Scroll all the way down and click Factory Reset
- If your device is on OS v0.98.00 or later, enter the wrong PIN 5 times
- A pop up will appear with an option to factory reset, choose Factory Reset
Via The Lab
- If you don't already have it installed, download The Lab
- With The Lab installed, make sure to install the latest version of the LuminSDK
- From The Lab's package manager, click "Open Shell"
- If you're on MacOS, the terminal should now appear. If you're on Windows, you should see the command prompt - this is the shell. Type "fastboot" (sans quotes), a list of help instructions should appear
- Turn your Magic Leap device off by pressing the power button down for 8 seconds (all LEDs will shut off)
- While holding the volume down button, press and release the power button, then release the volume down button. If you have done it correctly an animated blue line will visible on the Lightpack. If any other lights are displayed you probably just turned it on; it is easier if the device is not plugged in while doing this step as charging lights might be confusing
- Connect the Lightpack to your computer via USB
- In the shell, type “fastboot devices” (sans quotes) and press enter, you should now see your device's serial # on screen - this proves your device is successfully connected to your computer and Windows drivers are installed correctly
- In the shell, type “fastboot erase userdata” (sans quotes) and press enter - your user data will be now erased.
- Again in the shell, type “fastboot reboot” and press enter., your device should now be reset and ready