Kiosk mode puts the Magic Leap device in a restricted mode where guests can use one and only one app. A device in kiosk mode is secured with a PIN that must then be provided to exit kiosk mode. While in kiosk mode, users can run fitting, visual calibration, and power the device off but no other settings are available. If a device in kiosk mode is shut down, it will stay in kiosk mode upon reboot.
Enable Kiosk Mode
- Go to Settings > System > Kiosk and click Add Apps. Note: If you have set a device passcode, you must enter it to access this page.
- Select the apps you want to showcase from the list and when your list is complete, click the check mark
Note: Only installed immersive apps are available. You can select multiple apps but can only showcase only one app at a time.
- Click Start Kiosk Mode.
Magic Leap device prompts the user to define a kiosk mode PIN. This 6-digit number is required to exit kiosk mode. The kiosk mode PIN is not preserved between kiosk mode sessions.
Note: Keep the PIN in a safe location.
- Confirm the kiosk mode PIN.
- Press OK and the use can now launch only the apps you selected launches in kiosk mode.
Exiting Kiosk Mode
- With Magic Leap device in kiosk mode, press the exit button from the launcher
- Enter the PIN created when you entered kiosk mode. Once the PIN is confirmed, kiosk mode ends and the Launcher appears.
Note: If you forgot your PIN, please call Magic Leap customer service at 833-45-MAGIC, who will help perform a remote wipe to recover the device.