To improve your experience and comfort, ensure that the inside corners of your Lightwear (as pictured above) do not come into contact with your skin (these areas can get hot over time) and place all pads (forehead pads and back pads) on your Lightwear before using it.
If Magic Leap One overheats, your device may automatically turn off and show a LED pattern. (Lightpack LED Status)
If that happens (or if you experience any thermal discomfort) you should take the following steps:
- If your device experiences an overheating issue, please be aware that the device will display a message and shutdown. Allow the device to cool down before continuing use.
- Ensure the inside corners of your Lightwear (as pictured above) do not come into contact with your skin. Having some space between the device and your skin on those corners helps improve air flow, which is needed to keep the device cool.
- Place all pads (forehead pads and back pads) on your Lightwear before using it.
- Try these fit adjustments:
- Are you using the thin (#1) forehead pad? if so, please swap to the thicker (#2) forehead pad (located in your Fit Kit)
- If you do swap the nose pieces or forehead pads, be sure to go into settings and re-run the fit and eye calibration applications again. You can do this on your device. Navigate to Settings → Device → Calibration → Fit Calibration.
To reduce the risk of personal injury, please follow any thermal warnings and advisory messages that may appear on your Magic Leap one and review our Safety Guide before using the device.