The Control provides an important way to interact with Magic Leap device.
- Touchpad (XY touch locations in a -1.0 to 1.0 range inclusive, force touch functionality, touch events, and binary pressed/not pressed)
- Bumper Button (binary pressed/not pressed)
- Trigger (0.0 to 1.0 reporting range)
- Home Button (for system and power commands).
Button Input Behavior
Input behavior making its way across our platform.
1 - Touchpad
2 - Bumper
3 - Trigger
- Pull to Select
- Long Squeeze and Hold to extract and move an object; releasing usually places an object
4 - Home
- Double-tapping while in a Landscape app will open the Icon Grid
- Single-tapping can let users move back within app menus
- Holding the trigger and home button for 3 seconds power down the Control
- Pressing and holding for 1 second powers on the Control
Calibrate the 6DoF Control
6DoF (Six Degrees of Freedom) on Magic Leap devices is the ability to use the Control in order to freely move and rotate digital content in space. 6DoF also enables control rays, such as the Control pointer in Lumin Runtime. 6DoF motion is tracked on three axes of translation and three axes of rotation.
6DoF tracking uses a multitude of sensors on both the Control and the Lightwear to enable tracking. In some environments these sensors can come out of calibration.
If you experience degraded performance (such as tracking that is repeatedly floating off into space), please perform the calibration motion ("figure 8" motion for both the Control and the Lightwear) and the automatic algorithms will recalibrate your device.
Many issues can be resolved as described in previous sections.
If your Magic Leap reports no Control or Magic Leap App is detected, use a USB-C cable to connect the Control to the Lightpack. The Control should sync.
Six Degrees of Freedom
Try the following steps if Control does not receive six degrees of freedom (6DoF). After every step, check if the problem is solved before going further.
- Verify that the Control is charged.
- Wave the Control in a figure-8 pattern for a few seconds.
- While wearing the Lightwear, look and turn your head up, down, left and right for a few seconds.
- Reboot the Control.
- If rebooting the Control has not resolved the issue, reboot the Lightpack as well.
- Check the LED colors of the Lightwear, the Lightpack, and the Control to make sure you see the "normal" operation color. If not, then look up the error and report it to us.
For a comprehensive list of the Control LED Behaviors please refer to the Magic Leap LED Guide.
See the Control Tips and Troubleshooting and Pairing a Control to a Device.