Enterprise administrators can view devices they own and manage them remotely.
Remote Profile Updates
Device Manager Admins can change profiles on select devices by pushing the profile via WiFi. This method will require the device to be connected to the internet for proper deployment of the profile.
- Click on Devices in the header
- Click on the serial number(s) you want to update
- Click Update Profiles from the left hand menu
- Click the red Update Profile button
- Choose the profile you wish to install and click proceed
The changes will take eﬀect upon the next device reboot. If the device is not online during the profile update request, it will occur when the device next comes online.
Note: Only devices provisioned and managed via the Device Manager can have profiles applied remotely from within Device Manager.
Secure Device (Remote Lock)
Enterprise administrators can remotely lock a device using Device Manager. This is useful when a device has fallen into the wrong hands and the administrator wants to force the device back to the pin screen. The device user would then be required to enter the pin of the logged in user to unlock the device.
- under Devices, select the device(s) you want to lock
- select Secure Device from the left hand menu.
- select Lock Device and click confirm
If the device is not online during the lock request, it will occur when the device next comes back online.
Erase Device (Remotely Wipe)
Enterprise administrators can remotely wipe a device using Device Manager. This will remove the existing logged in user as well as remove any user data and provisioning information. The device will need to be provisioned again to be placed back into a managed state.
- under Devices, select the device(s) you want to erase
- click Erase Devices from the left hand menu.
- click the Erase device button and click confirm
If the device is not online during the erase request, it will occur when the device next comes online.