What is Device Manager?
Device Manager is a web based software that allows Enterprise customers to manage identity, devices, and apps on devices. You will need to purchase one Device Manager license for every device you plan to manage using Device Manager.
How can I purchase Device Manager?
Device Manager is currently available in the US for Enterprise customers through the Magic Leap Enterprise store. It can be purchased on its own or as part of the Magic Leap 1 Enterprise Suite.
How do I activate Device Manager?
When you purchase Device Manager, you will receive an order confirmation email. If you already have Device Manager, then no action is required.
New Device Manager Users: In order to activate Device Manager, you will need to schedule a brief call with one of our Enterprise Onboarding specialists. You can do so by clicking the “Schedule Now” link in your order confirmation email. These specialists will guide you through choosing a domain for your Magic Leap provided Okta instance and walk you through any questions you may have. Things to consider are:
- You will be asked to provide a privately registered domain to use for the Magic Leap provided Okta instance (if you do not plan to manage your entire company’s devices on device manager, consider creating a separate privately registered domain for those devices).
- You will be asked to provide name and email address for the person who will be your Okta Administrator and Device Manager administrator (they may be the same person).
- All personal accounts with the same privately registered domain will automatically be converted to an Enterprise account so you may require internal communication to existing users.
- All devices registered (or to be registered) to Enterprise accounts must have the initial device profile provisioned manually via a hardwired connection utilizing our desktop tool “the Lab” (formerly package manager). If you have existing devices, this should be part of your internal communication plan.
When we deliver Device Manager, you will receive via email the following:
- Sign in credentials for a third-party identity management solution, Okta, to manage authentication
- Access to the Device Manager web tool that allows you to manage device profiles. Licenses for Device Manager are based on a per device licensing model (not number of administrators/users)
Okta administrators will need to set up users in the Magic Leap provided Okta instance and add a group to the users that need admin access to Device Manager to create and manage profiles. You may add as many Device Manager admins as you would like.
For more information, please visit our Magic Leap Enterprise website.