With the release of Lumin OS 0.98.10 and the Beta release of the Magicverse SDK, comes an exciting new feature for Multi-player experiences on Magic Leap devices. This document will detail the requirements for using Magic Leap in a multi-player experience with PancakePals. All devices participating in multiplayer sessions require both devices to follow the following criteria:
- Devices must not be logged in with the same Magic Leap ID (MLID).
- Devices must be on Lumin OS 98.10 Release.
- For Multiplayer games, both users currently must be on the same WiFi network (internet access is not required, though the use of Persistent Coordinate Frames (PCFs) does require an internet connection
- LAN must be enabled
- Internet must be enabled (If using PCFs)
Some features require the Privacy settings on the device to be set with the below features. To make these changes, navigate to the Settings menu and choose Privacy & Security. Select the Mapping section and configure the following settings:
- “World Features” set to “Shared World”
- “World Models” set to “Shared World”
- “World Understanding Storage: Shared World” Checked on
- Users must have set up a Social profile
- The user's status must be set to “Online”
- Online Presence set to “Everyone” or “Mutual”
- “Search for me” set to “Everyone”
- Profile Visibility
- Have the other user followed as a contact and have them following you (aka “Mutual” contact)
- Each user does not have the other user blocked.
- We recommend setting up a nickname for your social accounts to make them more easily recognizable to each user.