The Desktop Companion App (DCA) is compatible with both Mac and Windows computers. You can download the DCA from our Downloads page.
*Note: Computers running MacOS require a few extra steps before installing DCA Please follow the steps below to successfully install the DCA on a Mac. Windows users can skip this step.
Follow the installation Wizard.
Launching the Desktop Companion App will display a Splash screen.
Sign in to your MLID or Register for a new account.
To associate your Magic Leap device with your DCA, scan the QR code on your computer with your Magic Leap. If you are having trouble scanning the QR code, see troubleshooting section below.
If you are having troubles pairing your Magic Leap device with DCA and/or the QR code won't scan, please review the following troubleshooting tips.
After making any of the adjustments below, please close the QR code on the DCA and open a new QR code to re-scan:
- Ensure the DCA has access to the Picture Camera under Settings > Security & Privacy > Picture Camera, if the DCA Pairing option is toggled off, toggle it on
- Ensure the Bluetooth setting on the Magic Leap device is enabled (Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth)
- Ensure you have enabled device stream under Settings > Device > Developer > Enable Developer Mode > Enable Device Stream
- Ensure the Computer and Magic Leap device are on the same network
- For Windows machines, try adding a new Inbound rule in Windows defender firewall enabling TCP port 7506
- Check that the clock on the Magic Leap Device matches the computer clock
- Try disabling VPN