INSTALLING an APP via SIDE LOADING
In some cases, enterprises will want to install or update an application on their devices while the device is not connected to the internet. In these cases, the administrator can download the application from Device Manager. The application can only be installed on existing managed devices within your enterprise.
It may NOT be installed on devices that have not been previously provisioned. The downloaded package is secured via encryption that only devices belonging to that enterprise may decrypt the install packages.
Within Enterprise Device Manager
- Navigate to the Enterprise Apps page.
- Select the apps you wish to download by selecting the checkbox to the left.
- Click on Download, just above the app list, to retrieve the MPK file.
To install the Enterprise apps via our Enterprise Managed Side Loading process, you will need to leverage our MLDB protocols located within the Package Manager within the Lab.
To download the Lab, you can visit the Developer Portal Downloads page to download and install.
Installing an Enterprise Application via Side Loading (MLDB)
If you have the .mpk file from the developer, you can install it by side loading utilizing MLDB commands:
- open up the Lab and launch Package Manager in the upper right hand corner.
- open the Shell and enter the following commands with the device on and plugged into the computer:
Note: <mpk-file> is the name of the installable application and is either the full path to that file or the name of the file located in the SDK directory.