Each update to Lumin OS includes bug fixes, system improvements, and new features. Listed below are some notable fixes and additions for each version of Lumin OS. For more detailed release notes, please check out this page.
Note: how you update to the latest Lumin OS version will vary depending on what version of the OS you're currently on. For detailed information on the update flow from your current OS to the most recent OS, please see our Developer Portal.
- This updates contains a critical update for developers relating to expiring device-side development certificates and is only available for download through our Developer Portal
- Added improvements to WebRTC h.264 video adaptive scaling so that the video quality is consistently as high as network and CPU conditions allow
- Google Meet users must login before joining a meeting via a link.
- Intermittently the display will not render content for a brief period of time (~ 7 secs) after an application is installed through Magic Leap World or an enterprise profile, as well as when exiting Magic Leap World.
- Issue can also be encountered if the application is being requested to be installed in the background
- Magic Leap World does not respond to Mobile App controls
- Certain utterances that have a meaning close to the actual phrase are not being correlated to the perceived action.
- We recommend users who wish to move prisms apps to use the phrase "Hey Lumin, Move <App Name>"
- Suggested phrases “how do I set the volume” and “stop recording” given by the assistant's prompts are only being recognized 50% or less of the time.
- Support for Enterprise Wifi Certificates has been added
- This update includes a critical system update, please click here for more information regarding 0.98.11
- The "Meetings" feature has been added to the "Social" app
- The design of "Magic Leap World" has been updated and overhauled
- The apps section of the Launcher has been updated to show more apps at one, with delineated sections for Apps, Concepts, and Screens as well
- Helio has been updated to support lying flat on surfaces like tables and now supports streaming through services like Disney+ and Hulu
- Experimental support for hand gestures has been added
- "Creator Mode" has been renamed "Developer Mode"
- Voice input options have been added
- The Iris ID (Beta) feature has been added for unlocking the device
- Sleep mode has been added
- Device Setup can now be completed on captive portal wireless networks
- Support for UK English, German, and French has been added
- Avatar Chat now supports up to 6 users
- Overture has been added, enabling third-party apps to use the background music service
- Improved dynamic resolution for text legibility in Helio
- Avatar Chat now supports up to four users
- Support for streaming from the device to the Magic Leap Mobile App has been added
- Avatar Chat now supports up to three users
- A new shutdown sequence has been added
- Avatar Chat has been added