Helio is Magic Leap’s built-in web browser. If you've used a browser on your personal computer or a mobile device, Helio should feel familiar to you, however Helio supports web-based AR experiences.
Helio also comes with an in-browser tutorial, you can access it on your device at http://www.magicleaphelio.com/tutorial.
Helio's interface is fairly similar to browsers like Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
- Back/Forward - Navigate back and forth between recently visited pages
- Search - Search Google, or enter the URL of a webpage to go directly to that page
- Refresh - Reload the current page
- Add to bookmarks - Add the current page to your bookmarks for future ease-of-access
- More Settings - Access more options like:
- New Window - Open a new Helio window
- New Shortcut - Add a shortcut of the current page to Helio home screen
- Add to Launcher - Add the current page to your app launcher
- Lay Page Flat - Lay a webpage flat on a surface in your space
- Preferences - Access preferences for text size, default user agents, and more
Managing Helio Windows
Helio is a landscape app, and windows can be moved around your space, rotated, re-sized, and laid flat on surfaces like tables.
Laying a page flat in Helio
You can adjust a window by moving your pointer over it and tapping the bumper on your Control. A window will pop-up:
You will have the following options available to you:
- Move - Re-position, scale, and rotate the current Helio window
- Follow - Lock the current Helio window to your headpose
- Start Meeting - Start a Meeting, including the current browser window
- Resize - Resize the viewport of the browser window
Resizing a Helio Window