If you run into issue with your Magic Leaps 2's Compute Pack, there are some basic troubleshooting steps you can try.
Device Getting Stuck in Boot Loop
- If the device runs into an error during flashing resulting in a boot loop, it needs to be put into Fastboot mode.
- While the compute pack is cycling through continuous reboots, hold down the volume down key. This will trigger it to enter Fastboot mode.
Performing a Hard Reset
- Make sure no USB-C cable is connected to the Magic Leap 2. (This is mandatory for a hard reset to work).
- Press and hold the power button for at least 20 seconds and then release the button. No LEDs should be on at this point.
- Now the device is ready to be powered up. Plug in the cable if desired and press power button to turn on the Magic Leap 2.