Users using Magic Leap 2 devices running Magic Leap OS 1.2.0 or higher can set a PIN to lock their device when not in use. When a PIN or password is set, the device cannot be used until the proper PIN/password is entered. A password of at least 4 characters or a PIN of at least 6 characters is recommended. If you're using a device with multiple-user mode enabled, each user can have their own PIN or password.
Setting-up or Updating a PIN/Password
- Go to "Settings > Security > Device Lock"
- If a PIN (or password) is already set, enter it
- You'll see three options. Select the option you wish to use, and you will be prompted to create a pin or password
- None - the device cannot be locked
- PIN - the device can be unlocked by using a numeric PIN
- Password - the device can be unlocked by using a password
Forgotten PIN or Password
- If you've forgotten your PIN, you will need to factory reset your device.